Friday, September 9, 2011

"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea."




This has been a tough road for me. I have felt more stressed than I feel like I ever have in my entire life. I've been through tough issues before, but it feels like this has been the longest stretch of time where I have felt completely lost and helpless. I don't have a direction for my life, and I don't know what is right or wrong. I like the city that I am in, but I don't like who I am becoming.

Even though there are many blessings around me, I still bring out the most negative part of every situation. I hate this quality about myself, especially when I am typically a happy, pleasant person.

I know I need a change or else my stress and anger will swallow me whole. There are days where I feel like packing everything into my car, and driving to the ocean for a fresh start. Somewhere that does not know my name or where I've been. At the edge of the ocean, all of my problems will simply melt away.

Does every 20-something go through this? I feel like I'm still so alone, even though everyone my age doesn't really know who they are just yet. I hear of other classmates' success and instead of being happy for them, I feel more weight on my shoulders to start my life. I know I was made for bigger and better things, but I cannot decide whether staying in this place is beneficial since I already have some connections created, but if my skin is itching to leave, where is the better place to go?

I don't want to run or escape my problems, but I just know in my heart that I was not meant to be doing what I am with my life. I feel like my life is passing me by, and it just started. I am not happy with my pseudo-successes here.

I do not feel prepared for life, but from what I know, I should be happier with my choices. I shouldn't be so upset. I shouldn't want to cry every day. What is this life? I barely recognize it myself.

Maybe it is time to sell everything I own, buy a boat, and live on the sea where my problems cannot find me.

3 comments:

  1. I've gone thru it, Abby...and so has Rachel. I was just lucky enough to have the military to force me thru it. Would be willing to talk if you ever want to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Beano! :) I've also been there ... you are right, everyone goes through it to some degree when getting out of college and into the "real world". Things WILL get better! You have to believe and pray for that. God what do YOU want for me? Get into a bible study with your church and maybe you could meet more people like you through that! :) Call anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, keep writing/blogging!! :) I'm sure that helps to clear your mind (even if it is dark! :)

    ReplyDelete